(formerly August Vintage Moissanite)
Ever since I've been cutting the August Vintage products (since 2009) we've had requests for carbon/silicon carbide (ie. the material of moissanite gem) options in August Vintage products. While it took some time to get off the ground these products have finally come to fruition and the first prototypes have been nothing short of astounding and we are now into full production as we are not only having inventory cut but also taking orders for the precise sizes and qualities our clients are demanding. This page will go into detail regarding this product and why we believe it is your best source for these gems.
Why buy a Distinctive Moissanite?
There are a number of factors that separate our products from our competitors. A brief summary ...
- Our products are cut by actual precision diamond cutters.
- Their cut quality with regards to polish and symmetry are 2nd to none.
- Each of our gems are cut to mimic their AGS Ideal Cut counterparts.
- Our moissanite gems are optically designed and compensated for their refractive index.
- With ray tracing (path of light technology) we are able to not only mimic Ideal Optics in our gems but also reduce the amount of "over flash" commonly seen in moissanite products. This factor makes our moissanite products look more diamond like than any others on the market.
- Unlike faux gems our moissanite gems feature faceted girdles.
Recently I've put together a detailed product review in the following videos not just of our moissanites but what you need to know about them in general.